- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Cloud Business Apps
- Post Date: 09/26/2023
- Website: www.logicmonitor.com
- Company Address: 820 State Street, Santa Barbara, CA, 93101
About LogicMonitorAt LogicMonitor, we expand what’s possible for businesses by advancing the technology behind them.
LogicMonitor is the leading fully automated, cloud-based infrastructure monitoring and observability platform for enterprise IT and managed service providers.
We love going to work and think you should too. We are customer obsessed, work as one agile team, and strive to be better every day while building trust. These are our core values. We foster a culture of performance and recognition, allowing us to transform growth as we enable our employees to do the best work of their careers.
This position is located in Austin, TX. Our Austin team is based downtown in the San Jacinto Center, overlooking the scenic Lady Bird Lake. We call our offices Centers of Energy, because they’re where we accelerate work, spark creativity, and ignite our culture of connection and celebration. Our teams coordinate their time in Centers of Energy to reflect how they work best.
LogicMonitor is an equal opportunity employer. We deeply care about our employees' well-being, creating an environment where everyone feels valued and respected. We celebrate the diversity of our team and are committed to fostering a culture of inclusivity. When you join LogicMonitor, you're not just an employee to us, but a valued member of our community. Come as you are, be yourself, and let's grow together.
To learn more about life at LogicMonitor, check out our Careers Page.
What You'll Do:
LogicMonitor is disrupting the hybrid cloud monitoring market by changing the way businesses use disparate sources of data. We are already a leader in this space – and we started by solving the hardest, most complicated problem first. With roots in the IT Infrastructure Monitoring space, we have carved out excellent product-market fit in hybrid cloud monitoring. Our customers love LogicMonitor's ability to bring cloud and traditional IT together into one view, as seen in minimal churn rates, expansion business, and exciting new customer references.
As we enter this next phase of growth, we are in search of a Staff Software Engineer to drive the implementation, design, architecture and quality control of business integrations/general development within the customer-facing product application. In addition, you will play a crucial role in refining internal tools utilized by our development and technical operations teams. This includes troubleshooting bugs and implementing new features as required in existing backend applications; even building new components as needed. Success in this role hinges on delivering all necessary functionality promptly and collaborating with colleagues to resolve issues and enhance the systems they engage with. With your strong understanding of the systems you will be working and the wealth of knowledge you bring to the table, you will have plenty of opportunity to make your mark at LogicMonitor.
Here's a closer look at this key role:
- Design, document, code, and test technical solution for new systems or enhancements to existing systems.
- Follow agile software development methodologies for implementation.
- Working with various teams in LogicMonitor to deliver software products that support LogicMonitor's business growth.
- Provides technical leadership mentoring and guidance at senior engineering levels and below. Trusted to represent the team to other functional teams.
- Coordination, Communication, and Collaboration between management, product, techops, support, developers
- Envision system features and functionalities by analyzing business requirements.
- Troubleshoot and resolve product/application issues for escalated support cases.
- Collaborate with a diverse, distributed development organization. Our development team spans multiple cities in the US and Asia.
- Contribute to Tech Talks, involving research on new technologies that are applicable to this position.
- Ability to tackle performance and design issues at a complex technical level.
- Understanding and improvement of development process and application deployment
- Keeps current on cutting-edge technology and educates others about it; Can explain complex subjects to a variety of audiences as a multi-domain expert
- 8+ years of software development experience in commercial or enterprise applications.
- 6+ years of full-time experience as a Java developer on Linux platform.
- 4+ years experience with cloud services (AWS or Azure)
- BS or above degree in computer science or related field.
- Strong understanding of web application architectures (Quarkus, Tomcat). Experience in SaaS Multi-tenant Product Development dealing with large volumes of data.
- Deep SQL / NoSQL database knowledge (MySQL, ElasticSearch, Redis, MongoDB, DynamoDB)
- Experience designing large, complex scalable distributed systems.
- Has the ability to innovate and evaluate at a senior level; thinks strategically across numerous technologies at a deep level.
- Familiar with security best practices with respect to programming and development
- Familiar with Test frameworks (JUnit, WireMock, Selenium, etc.). Proven technical experience transitioning teams to continuous deployment models
At LM we believe that a total rewards package should be built with the whole person in mind, so we’ve designed a total rewards package that’s almost as complex as you are. We want to support our employees to be healthy and happy!
Whether you’re working from home or one of our Centers of Energy, US benefits for LMers include but are not limited to: unlimited vacation, health, vision, and dental insurance, robust parental leave, a 401K with company matching, a monthly Work Well reimbursement, Employee Equity Program, Professional Development funds, unlimited opportunities for growth, and more.
We are committed to our employees' physical and mental health, and offer various wellness programs (including a Calm membership for you and your family!) as part of our holistic approach to employee success.
For more information on our benefits and culture, visit https://www.logicmonitor.com/careers
LogicMonitor believes in pay transparency, so we provide the base salary ranges for all of our jobs in the United States. Actual base salary offered will vary depending on factors including but not limited to: location, education, experience, skills, and qualifications.
LogicMonitor also offers many competitive elements in our total compensation package for US employees, such as a bonus, MBO, or commission compensation in addition to the base pay, an equity program, 401K matching, and other rewards.
Residents of California, click Here to view our California Applicant Privacy Notice.