- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Cloud Business Apps
- Post Date: 09/26/2023
- Website: www.logicmonitor.com
- Company Address: 820 State Street, Santa Barbara, CA, 93101
About LogicMonitorAt LogicMonitor, we expand what’s possible for businesses by advancing the technology behind them.
LogicMonitor is the leading fully automated, cloud-based infrastructure monitoring and observability platform for enterprise IT and managed service providers.
We love going to work and think you should too. We are customer obsessed, work as one agile team, and strive to be better every day while building trust. These are our core values. We foster a culture of performance and recognition, allowing us to transform growth as we enable our employees to do the best work of their careers.
This position is located in Pune. You'll be working in a major tech center of Pune, India. We call our offices Centers of Energy, because they’re where we accelerate work, spark creativity, and ignite our culture of connection and celebration. Our teams coordinate their time in Centers of Energy to reflect how they work best.
LogicMonitor is an equal opportunity employer. We deeply care about our employees' well-being, creating an environment where everyone feels valued and respected. We celebrate the diversity of our team and are committed to fostering a culture of inclusivity. When you join LogicMonitor, you're not just an employee to us, but a valued member of our community. Come as you are, be yourself, and let's grow together.
To learn more about life at LogicMonitor, check out our Careers Page.
What You'll Do:
The Staff Software Engineer is a key member of the LM Logs team. This position ensures that the technical product meets the architectural direction and the product requirements. You keep yourself and the team up to date on the industry trends for logging tools and new technology that will give us a competitive advantage. You will work as a subject matter expert by providing solutions and guidance to problems related to data processing at a large scale, anomaly detection, and log data with a focused mindset for performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security of the product. The Staff Software Engineer must excel in demonstrating the LogicMonitor core values: Customer obsessed, Better every day, One team, Trust and Agile.
Here's a closer look at this key role:
- Employ expertise as a subject matter expert to collaborate and communicate with management, product, techops, support, and developers
- Work closely with architects, lead engineers, and other staff engineers to assist in setting the technical product direction
- Offer technical product guidance and share industry knowledge with peers
- Anticipate problems and future technical needs and take corrective steps to ensure they are addressed
- Participate in the project definition process with product, management, architecture, and development teams
- Implement new features driven by the priorities in the roadmap
- When needed, can take on a whole new project without any assistance
- Design, document, develop, and test technical solutions for new systems or enhancements to existing systems
- Implement solutions to improve software performance, scalability, reliability, and availability of the system
- Contribute with bug fixing and maintenance of existing software to maintain the highest quality of product
- Close contact with the techops team and being part of the on-call rotation
- Mentoring of Senior Engineers
What You'll Need:
- Domain experience with Log Products
- Experience working with large scale distributed systems
- Experience working with data at large scale
- Domain knowledge within the observability space
- Proven software development experience on commercial or enterprise applications.
- Experience working with Go
- Excel as a senior backend developer with a focus on Go, Java, or another imperative programming language.
- Strong understanding of web application architectures, specifically streaming architectures
- Deep database knowledge
- Experience mentoring peers in software development
- BS or above degree in computer science or related field
Residents of California, click Here to view our California Applicant Privacy Notice.