- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering QA
- Industry: Cloud Business Apps
- Post Date: 09/19/2023
- Website: www.logicmonitor.com
- Company Address: 820 State Street, Santa Barbara, CA, 93101
About LogicMonitorAt LogicMonitor, we expand what’s possible for businesses by advancing the technology behind them.
LogicMonitor is the leading SaaS based performance monitoring platform for enterprise IT.
We are a company of fun-loving, hard-working achievers. We love going to work and think you should too. We hold our company culture near and dear — we are customer-obsessed, work as one team, and strive to be better every day. These are our core values. So it's no surprise that we work hard and genuinely have fun working with each other to achieve great things together.
LogicMonitor is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees, where different backgrounds and perspectives are valued and encouraged - regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
We operate with integrity, esteem diversity and treat each other fairly and with respect. And we’re doing that while nurturing consideration for humanity. We give back to our community and encourage all people to come as they are and find their own version of personal and professional harmony here. We hear time and time again that our awesome people are a huge part of why LMers chose LogicMonitor, love their teams, and choose to stay.
You'll be working in a major tech center of Pune, India. When you join LogicMonitor, you’ll be working alongside some of the brightest minds in one of the fastest growing global software firms. We are looking for you to bring your expertise, drive, and passion. This is your chance to join us on our journey as we expand our global presence and achieve record-breaking success.
What You'll Do:
LogicMonitor Engineering team is looking for a Senior Automation Engineer who can analyze and test the industry-leading SaaS-based datacenter monitoring solution that helps customers to monitor a wide range of devices. As a part of an agile development team, you will help define QA testing strategy, review requirements/specification, design test cases, conduct full QA test lifecycle to ensure the software quality of LogicMonitor products and services. The Senior Automation Engineer will work closely with developers and provide technical guidance
Here's a closer look at this key role:
- Safeguard and ensure the quality of LogicMonitor product and business applications
- Execute Software Functional, Regression, Performance/Load, and Automation testing
- Actively contribute to automation coverage efforts
- Focus on automation and process efficiency. Products produced (test plans, test cases, etc) must be of the quality that they can be used as examples for QA Engineers
- Communicate effectively with developers and team members regarding your findings
- Design, build, implement, and perform functional test plans and test cases (manual & automated), based on system understanding and analysis of functional specifications; work with product managers and developers to understand business requirements and perform test effort estimation
- Identify and generate well documented bug report for each test result using Confluence and JIRA
- Provide valuable inputs when reviewing requirement documents and technical specifications
- Work closely with the rest of the engineering team as well as the product team to evaluate and develop best practices & solutions
- Create and maintain use cases, test matrices, and regression tests for new and existing features
- Continuous Improvement: As a Senior QA Automation Engineer you will share your knowledge through lunch and learns, workshops and other means to help level up the organization and not just your team
What You'll Need:
- 6+ years of commercial or enterprise application testing experience, including test execution, testing analysis and test case design, etc.
- Bachelor's degree or above in computer science or related field
- Hands-on experience in Java or Python.
- Hands-on experience in Linux, RESTful services.
- Strong at using protocols like SNMP, WMI
- Proficiency with HTTP/APIs, SQL, and at least one scripting language
- Ability to work on multiple platforms (Windows and Linux)
- An expert, or able to quickly develop competencies, in numerous technologies (i.e. you can learn quickly!)
- Automation mind set. Understanding when and where we can automate will help to improve fault tolerance and scalability moving forward
- Performance testing and pressure testing experience
- Judicious: capable of thoughtful analysis of the costs and benefits of the work being done, with an eye towards maximizing customer utility
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work with a development team and develop strong, reliable, and effective relationships with team members
- Ability to juggle priorities and work under pressure to deliver against client deadlines also enjoys solving problems (so fun!)
- Persistent: If initial approach doesn't work, must be aggressive in conceiving alternative approaches and following through to success
- Inclined to see problems from the point of view of the customer and of our customer base as a whole
- Familiar with Docker
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other engineers
Nice to have
- Good at seeing / identifying edge cases
- Ability to review source code change and make corresponding test strategy
- Development (especially network programming) experience would be great
- AWS (or other cloud) Experience
- Familiar with Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, BitBucket)
- Familiar with Kubernetes
- Familiar with java unit testing frameworks (junit, mockito, wiremock)
Residents of California, click Here to view our California Applicant Privacy Notice.