- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Cloud Business Apps
- Post Date: 03/15/2023
- Website: impact.com
- Company Address: 223 E. De La Guerra St, Santa Barbara, CA, 93101
- Salary Range: $105,000 - $127,000
About Impactimpact.com, the world’s leading partnership management platform, is transforming the way businesses manage and optimize all types of partnerships—including traditional rewards affiliates, influencers, commerce content publishers, B2B, and more. The company’s powerful, purpose-built platform makes it easy for businesses to create, manage, and scale an ecosystem of partnerships with the brands and communities that customers trust to make purchases, get information, and entertain themselves at home, at work, or on the go.
At Impact our culture is our soul. We are passionate about our people, our technology, and are obsessed with customer success. Working together enables us to grow rapidly, win, and serve the largest brands in the world. We use cutting edge technology to solve real world problems for our clients and continue to pull ahead of the pack as the leading SaaS platform for businesses to automate their partnerships and grow their revenue like never before. We have an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture where ambition and curiosity is rewarded. If you are looking to join a team where your opinion is valued, your contributions are noticed, and enjoy working with fun and talented people from all over the world, then this is the place for you.
Impact is the global leader in Partnership Automation. We work with enterprise and innovative brands like Ticketmaster, Levi’s, Microsoft, Airbnb, and Uber to help them manage all different types of partnerships. From social influencers, B2B, strategic partners, publishers, and traditional affiliates, we have them covered. Our combined suite of products covers the full life partnership lifecycle including onboarding, tracking ads and paying partners, recruiting for new partners, data and marketing intelligence, and protection from fraud. Founded in 2008 by the same team that founded Commission Junction, Impact has grown to over 1000 employees and eleven offices across the United States, Canada, Europe, Africa, and Asia.
Why this role is exciting:
Exciting opportunity for a qualified Tax Specialist to join the global leader in Partnership Automation as Associate Tax Manager. You will form part of our agile finance team with global responsibilities across multiple jurisdictions, specifically the USA, as well as UK and South Africa.
Join us if you are looking to progress your understanding of international tax and gain exposure to the commercial finance and operations of a large multinational SaaS company.
- Responsible for gathering and processing the information required for international
- compliance and transfer pricing, and provide support with the year-end provision
- Provide support for tax audits and answers to inquiries from various taxing jurisdictions
- Verification of tax account balances by performing reconciliations on tax general ledger
- accounts (sales tax, deferred tax, current tax accounts, etc.)
- Update and maintain the tax calendar
- Review all tax payments and tax returns (direct and indirect tax) by tax service
- providers whether on a weekly, biweekly, quarterly, or annual basis
- Regularly perform audits on the system to ensure data integrity; responsible for the
- resolution of discrepancies that might adversely impact on the company’s tax returns
- Assist the Tax team with various ad hoc projects, and analysis
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or in a business related field- CA, ACCA or CPA is preferred. At least 3-4 years tax specific experience gained within a commercial environment of a multinational Group, candidates with a mixture of Big Four experience and in-house experience are also encouraged to apply
- Knowledge: Possess strong working knowledge of and ability to apply accounting concepts; practical international tax interpretive knowledge gained from an established taxing jurisdiction (for example- SA, UK, Europe, US); and the ability to analyze and synthesize large amounts of data and related compliance/regulations
- Computer skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel. It is also essential that they possess strong computer skills to perform digital and online related tax duties
- Quantitative skills: It also vital that they possess strong mathematical and quantitative skills to handle tax audits, reconciliation related tax matters
- Attention to detail: They must be meticulously detailed individuals to ensure excellent reconciliation and consistently accurate filling of reports, preparation of documents, and effective performance of other duties assigned
- Organizational skills: Highly organized individual with the ability to multi-task and prioritize projects to ensure completion within assigned deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Sound analytical skills: They require strong analytical skills to create highly detailed tax reports and accurately fill out tax forms
- Communication skills: Must possess strong verbal and written communications skills necessary for explaining tax processes and making recommendations.
- Salary Range: $105,000 - $127,000 per year, plus eligible to receive Restricted Stock Unit (RSU) grant and additional variable annual bonus contingent on Company performance up to 5%.
*This is the pay range the Company believes is equitable for this position at the time of this posting. Consistent with applicable law, compensation will be determined based on the skills, qualifications, and experience of the applicant along with the requirements of the position, and the Company reserves the right to modify this pay range at any time.
- Hybrid office work schedule (in-office 2-3 days per week as necessary)
- Flexible work hours
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Unlimited Responsible PTO
- Weekly catered lunches, a healthy snack bar, and phenomenal coffee to keep you fueled
- Flexible spending accounts and 401(k)
- An employee-led culture team that plans our happy hours, parties and other events to celebrate our many successes.
- An established company with a cool, high velocity work ethos, where each person can make a difference!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.