- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Cloud Business Apps
- Post Date: 03/15/2023
- Website: impact.com
- Company Address: 223 E. De La Guerra St, Santa Barbara, CA, 93101
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About Impactimpact.com, the world’s leading partnership management platform, is transforming the way businesses manage and optimize all types of partnerships—including traditional rewards affiliates, influencers, commerce content publishers, B2B, and more. The company’s powerful, purpose-built platform makes it easy for businesses to create, manage, and scale an ecosystem of partnerships with the brands and communities that customers trust to make purchases, get information, and entertain themselves at home, at work, or on the go.
At Impact our culture is our soul. We are passionate about our people, our technology, and are obsessed with customer success. Working together enables us to grow rapidly, win, and serve the largest brands in the world. We use cutting edge technology to solve real world problems for our clients and continue to pull ahead of the pack as the leading SaaS platform for businesses to automate their partnerships and grow their revenue like never before. We have an entrepreneurial spirit and a culture where ambition and curiosity is rewarded. If you are looking to join a team where your opinion is valued, your contributions are noticed, and enjoy working with fun and talented people from all over the world, then this is the place for you.
Impact is the global leader in Partnership Automation. We work with enterprise and innovative brands like Ticketmaster, Levi’s, Microsoft, Airbnb, and Uber to help them manage all different types of partnerships. From social influencers, B2B, strategic partners, publishers, and traditional affiliates, we have them covered. Our combined suite of products covers the full life partnership lifecycle including onboarding, tracking ads and paying partners, recruiting for new partners, data and marketing intelligence, and protection from fraud. Founded in 2008 by the same team that founded Commission Junction, Impact has grown to over 500 employees and eleven offices across the United States, Europe, Africa, and Asia.
Why this role is exciting:
You will work with the finance team involved in the day-day core accounting functions within the business. Carrying out effective financial controls over the functions allocated including, as well as the ability to adapt and implement change to the existing processes within the financial control environment. You will be expected to collaborate and support the FPA function on an adhoc basis, providing support to the technical accounting function and contribute to other finance maturity, and transformation initiatives, including systems. You will play a key-role in the month-end close and reporting process, contributing to ensuring that our reporting is timeously and accurately closed in line with the business objectives. This incumbent/person is a fast learner, a self-starter and capable of producing work of a high quality without close supervision.
- Under limited supervision, responsible for moderately complex accounting activities relating to the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger of the allocated accounting areas across the various subsidiaries within the
- Perform monthly close processes for accounting activities allocated to you, ensuring that these areas are closed accurately and timeously in line with Finance close objectives each
- Act as a first reviewer on certain focus areas within the close process
- Implementing balance sheet reconciliation initiatives ensuring balance sheet accounts within the scope of accounting areas allocated are built (if this does not exist) and maintaining these schedules on a monthly basis as part of the close
- Work closely with other business units and cross functional teams to implement new initiatives and projects
- Provide support and assistance to the technical accounting department on an adhoc basis
- Collaborate and support the FP&A function on an adhoc
Does this sound like you?
- 3 - 4 years of experience in a similar role/Big Four audit firm experience advantageous
- Qualified Chartered Accountant
- Big Four audit firm experience as well as revenue recognition in a software environment will be an advantage
- Microsoft Office/Google Suite proficiency
- Interest in working as part of an international team across time zones and regions
- Experience working with reporting tools and SQL would be advantageous
Nice to have:
Affiliate & Partnerships Industry Fundamentals Certification by PXA
- Phenomenal coffee & cereal
- Free lunch on Tuesdays & Thursdays
- Casual work environment
- Games room
- Yummy snacks
- Free parking
- Development & training
Impact is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or non-binary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This position will be based in Cape Town post Covid-19 and welcomes anyone who is interested in relocating.