- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Legal
- Industry: Growth Equity
- Post Date: 03/20/2023
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: www.psgequity.com
- Company Address: 401 Park Drive, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, US
- Salary Range: NA
About PSGPSG is a growth equity firm that partners with software and technology-enabled services companies to help them navigate transformational growth, capitalize on strategic opportunities, and build strong teams. Having backed more than 120 companies and facilitated over 430 add-on acquisitions, we bring extensive investment experience, deep expertise in software and technology, and a firm commitment to collaborating with management teams. Founded in 2014, PSG has since raised over $14 billion in capital and operates out of offices in Boston, Kansas City, London, Paris, Madrid, and Tel-Aviv.
The Director of Compliance will be involved in all aspects of PSG’s U.S. compliance work– including training new
hires, attending to regulatory filings, updating the firm’s compliance policies and procedures, identifying and
mitigating conflicts, conducting annual testing, reviewing marketing materials, reviewing political contributions and
personal trading requests, and distributing and reviewing quarterly certifications. The Director of Compliance will
work closely with the current legal and compliance team in Boston and London.
• Oversee and coordinate all aspects of the firm’s U.S. compliance program, including all obligations
arising in connection with the firm’s registration as an investment adviser with the SEC under Rules
204A-1 and 206(4)-7 of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940;
• Management, administration and documentation of the firm’s compliance testing program, including
risk identification, monitoring, testing, control enhancement development and implementation, and
remediation, where necessary;
• Responsible for the preparation of extensive documentation of the firm’s compliance efforts and the
manner in which the firm addresses specific compliance matters that may arise;
• Partner closely with legal and investor relations groups to review and approve external
communications, including advertising materials, press releases and social media;
• Oversee the development and filing of all requisite regulatory reporting, including, in particular, Form
ADV and Form PF;
• Coordinate closely with the firm’s investment, investor relations, finance, valuation and technology
teams on matters relevant to the firm’s compliance program;
• Assist with internal governance matters;
• Assist in fund formation and transaction matters depending on background and experience.
Ideal Experience and Competencies
• The successful candidate will have an exceptional track record and reputation. Given the significant
responsibilities of this position, the top candidate will be a mature, experienced individual. In addition,
the successful candidate should have:
• At least six years of regulatory compliance experience, including at least four (4) years of experience
with private equity firms and funds.
• Bachelor’s degree required; Juris Doctor is helpful, but not required.
• Prior SEC examination and securities law experience required.
• Although not required, experience in mergers & acquisitions, fund formation, and/or investor relations
is very helpful.
• Demonstrated high energy and resiliency, and the ability to manage multiple priorities and make
• A flexible, creative approach to business, an understanding of risk assessment and the ability to
modify her/his experience and knowledge base and adapt them to this unique organization.
• A strong sense of urgency and commitment, as well as a strong business sense with a strategic,
conceptual, and operational orientation.
• The ability to work independently.
• The ability to supervise work by others on the team.
• The ability to recognize the success of any regulated business is dependent upon its compliance with
the various rules, regulations and laws that govern its industry.
• Integrity and good judgment, with the ability to effectively deal with highly sensitive, confidential
• A self-critical and disciplined approach.
• Excellent written, verbal communication and organization skills, including sharing ideas and
information across diverse audiences and identities to drive business.
• Able to work well in a team-oriented environment and show an ability and willingness to multitask and
• Demonstrate the highest levels of ethics, values, and integrity.
• Proven reputation as a collegial and team-oriented colleague.
Benefits and Perks
At PSG, we are committed to providing excellent benefits that show our deep appreciation for the hard work of our
team. Our current benefits offerings include:
• Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance, paid for 100% by PSG
• Retirement savings plan with PSG match contribution and discretionary profit sharing
• Short- and long-term disability and life insurance policies
• Flexible spending accounts for health, commuting and dependent care
• Competitive paid vacation and paid holidays
• Paid parental leave
• Tuition reimbursement program
• Employee Assistance program
• Personal training sessions with our Director of Health & Fitness
• Beautiful office space in Fenway area with a state-of-the-art gym arriving May 2023
• Lunch 3x/week, snacks, coffee and other beverages available to all employees
PSG Equity L.L.C. (the “Firm”) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable
federal, state, and local fair employment practice laws. The Firm strictly prohibits and will not
tolerate, condone or allow discrimination or harassment with respect to any employee or
applicant for employment in matters of hiring, promotion, transfer, disciplinary action,
termination, compensation, fringe benefits or other terms and conditions of employment on the
basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status,
sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender
(including sex stereotyping, gender identity, gender dysphoria, gender expression, or transgender
status), sexual orientation, disability (including physical disability or mental disability), military or
veteran status, familial status, partnership status, or marital status, or any other status protected
by relevant federal, state and local laws. All employees are prohibited from engaging in unlawful
In the Cover Letter section below, please be sure to answer the following 3 questions:
1. Are you legally authorized to work in the United States for our company?
2. Do you now, or will you in the future, require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status, etc.) to work legally for our Company in the United States?
3. If the position requires, are you willing to relocate?