- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Cloud Business Apps
- Post Date: 11/22/2022
- Website: wwex.com
- Company Address: 2323 Victory Ave., Suite 1600, Dallas, Texas 75201, US
About Worldwide ExpressWorldwide Express is a top-rated third-party logistics company, helping more than 92,000 small to medium-sized businesses ship smarter.
The Director of Claims oversees the operations of cargo and light pack claims and is responsible for establishing policies and procedures for the administration of claims for validity, additional insurance requirements, filing and recoupment of approved funds. The Director of Claims will be responsible for providing strategic direction and support for the claims team and possess strong critical thinking and decision-making skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop strategy for claims management.
- Direct the workload for the claims team to help drive performance.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of carrier requirements and industry standards.
- Engage a high level of communication with the Sales, Operations, Legal and Senior Management.
- Handle escalated claim issues.
- Plan and coordinate employee skills and career development.
- Strategize a road map for group goals (KPIs).
- Conduct employee reviews.
- Assist in tracking claim patterns for high-claim-ratio customers.
- Encourage a positive environment to empower the claims team.
- Look for opportunities to continuously improve the claim process for new and existing customers
- Strong problem-solving, organization, and leadership skills.
- Ability to conduct detailed research.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive and adapt to change quickly while supporting team.
- Promote a positive work environment & ability to motivate others.
- understanding of all transportation modes such as Light Pack, LTL, FTL and Courier.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within shipping business.
- Leading and directing the work of other employees.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of management as well as external partners
- Ability to make independent decisions, assume responsibility and exercise good judgment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business Administration, Communications, or Marketing
- 3+ years of experience in billing, collections, or related field
- Minimum 2 years of leadership experience
- 3+ years of logistics related claims experience preferred
- Certified Claims Professional a plus
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work Environment: Job is typically performed in a general office environment.