- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Big Data & Infrastructure
- Post Date: 11/22/2022
- Website: vk.ai
- Company Address: 8 East Washington Street, Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44022, US
About Vertical KnowledgeVertical Knowledge's technology enables organizations across the private and public sectors to harness PAI (Publicly Available Information, also known as public data) - the fastest-growing type of alternative data in the world.
The availability of public data is growing at exponential rates, creating unprecedented opportunities for data analytics and information arbitrage. The Vertical Knowledge (VK) platform enables our customers to access and understand information that is publicly available but very challenging to identify and capture at scale. It provides organizations in both public and private sectors with a significant strategic advantage, transforming the way they discover, collect, and deploy Publicly Available Information (PAI) to solve their most challenging problems. We are constantly adapting to a rapidly changing landscape, and our customers depend on our innovation, proprietary technology, expertise, and support to consistently deliver the value of PAI.
At VK we hire talented people and then give them the opportunity and support to make an impact. Working at VK means standing at the forefront of technology that enables organizations across the private and public sectors to harness PAI (Publicly Available Information, also known as public data) - the fastest-growing type of alternative data in the world.
As the saying goes, when everyone’s digging for oil, it’s good to be in the drill business. Data is today’s oil and VK builds the most sophisticated and powerful drilling technology in the market.
VK is based in Chagrin Falls, outside of Cleveland, OH. (home of Calvin & Hobbes, Superman and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame). We are a mission-driven organization that takes pride in knowing that our work has the potential to literally save lives.
Our Data Operations team is seeking a Python Developer with a passion for data. Working directly with our Service Delivery and Engineering teams you will be responsible for gathering requirements, providing input into the best solution, and ultimately solving complex problems. The right applicant for this position is someone that is not afraid to backdown from the challenge of learning a new skill to meet our end user’s goal. Core responsibilities will include data management and access, light data analysis/science, some web development and general problem solving.
This is an exciting time to join our Data Operations team as we continue to grow our skillsets and responsibilities to support all data needs of our internal and external customers.
- Continue development and help maintain internal organization website
- Re-associate and manage mapping of client specific meta data back to collections level
- Build a UI in our internal organizational website to help monitor ongoing ETL efforts
- Ad hoc requests to support existing and potential clients
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 1-3 years of experience preferred
- Desire and willingness to solve problems
- Advanced Python, Flask and Pandas skills
- Experience in Data Analytics/Science, SQL and Linux
- Experience with Azure and AWS a bonus
- Understanding of UX fundamentals
- Ability to gather client requirements and work with other teams internally to solve problems
- This position requires that the candidate selected must be a U.S Citizen, and have the ability to obtain/maintain a U.S. DoD Top Secret Clearance
- Position may be based in our office in Northeast Ohio (preferred) or remote anywhere in the U.S.
COMPETITIVE BENEFITS & SALARY
- Company paid premiums for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Employer Health Savings Account (HSA) contributions
- 401(k) retirement plan with financial planning
- Unlimited vacation days
- Flexible work schedules
- A casual work environment and dog friendly office (Ohio HQ only)
- A fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages (Ohio HQ only)
Vertical Knowledge L.L.C. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. VK is committed to the policy of an equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other personnel practices. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, past or current military service, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodations for Applying
Applicants who qualify under the Americans with Disabilities Act, as Amended, may be eligible for a reasonable accommodation in Vertical Knowledge LLC application and selection processes. If you require an accommodation in applying through our online system, please send an email to [email protected]. Please note that this email address is not to be used for checking on the status of an application.