- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Big Data & Infrastructure
- Post Date: 11/22/2022
- Website: vk.ai
- Company Address: 8 East Washington Street, Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44022, US
About Vertical KnowledgeVertical Knowledge's technology enables organizations across the private and public sectors to harness PAI (Publicly Available Information, also known as public data) - the fastest-growing type of alternative data in the world.
The availability of public data is growing at exponential rates, creating unprecedented opportunities for data analytics and information arbitrage. The Vertical Knowledge (VK) platform enables our customers to access and understand information that is publicly available but very challenging to identify and capture at scale. It provides organizations in both public and private sectors with a significant strategic advantage, transforming the way they discover, collect, and deploy Publicly Available Information (PAI) to solve their most challenging problems. We are constantly adapting to a rapidly changing landscape, and our customers depend on our innovation, proprietary technology, expertise, and support to consistently deliver the value of PAI.
At VK we hire talented people and then give them the opportunity and support to make an impact. Working at VK means standing at the forefront of technology that enables organizations across the private and public sectors to harness PAI (Publicly Available Information, also known as public data) - the fastest-growing type of alternative data in the world.
As the saying goes, when everyone’s digging for oil, it’s good to be in the drill business. Data is today’s oil and VK builds the most sophisticated and powerful drilling technology in the market.
VK is based in Chagrin Falls, outside of Cleveland, OH. (home of Calvin & Hobbes, Superman and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame). We are a mission-driven organization that takes pride in knowing that our work has the potential to literally save lives.
Since day one, our Software Engineers have helped tackle the complex and interesting challenge of discovering value hidden in the world’s data. We are pushing the technical envelope to solve these problems, and in the process, are helping to redefine how our clients leverage data. As the world of data continues to grow exponentially, the issues they address will only increase in difficulty, scale and excitement. In order to meet these challenges, we’ve built a data collection platform that allows us to ingest terabytes of data per day. Your work will draw on your expertise with pretty much everything driving the modern internet today.
Problems at our level of complexity require you to possess a passion for learning as well as deep understanding across a wide array of technical competencies. While we face large-scale problems, we hire only the best to take them on. This enables us to keep your team size small and your individual impact significant.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering (or similarly relevant major)
- 5 or more years of experience architecting, designing, and building high performance/high scale solutions and services
- Strong proficiency with Python required
- Database experience required (SQL, Elasticsearch, and/or NoSQL)
- CI/CD experience required including skills with Terraform, Serverless, Github Actions, or similar technologies
- Cloud services experience required, preferably AWS
- Solid computer science foundation, with a firm understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Proficiency in reverse engineering
- Knowledge of data mining preferred
- Experience and comfort working in an Agile development environment
- Comfortable with directing and mentoring junior level software engineers
- Comfortable supporting client facing calls and communications
- Can work in a self-directed environment leveraging client guidance and iteration
- Clean and coherent documentation skills
- Highly results-oriented with a passion for innovating and delivering effective solutions to formidable technical challenges
- Strong commitment to technical excellence
- Unwavering integrity and ethics
- This position can be local to our Northeast Ohio office, or remote anywhere in the U.S., with occasional travel to OH
- This position requires that the candidate selected must be a U.S Citizen, and have the ability to obtain/maintain a U.S. DoD Top Secret Clearance
COMPETITIVE BENEFITS & SALARY
- Company paid premiums for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Employer Health Savings Account (HSA) contributions
- Unlimited vacation days
- Flexible work schedules
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages (Ohio HQ only)
- A casual work environment and dog friendly office (Ohio HQ only)
- Remote Work Eligible
Vertical Knowledge L.L.C. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. VK is committed to the policy of an equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other personnel practices. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, past or current military service, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodations for Applying
Applicants who qualify under the Americans with Disabilities Act, as Amended, may be eligible for a reasonable accommodation in Vertical Knowledge LLC application and selection processes. If you require an accommodation in applying through our online system, please send an email to [email protected]. Please note that this email address is not to be used for checking on the status of an application.