- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: IT
- Industry: Venture Capital
- Post Date: 11/15/2022
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: www.psgequity.com
- Company Address: 401 Park Drive, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, US
About PSGPSG is a growth equity firm that partners with middle-market software and technology-enabled service companies to help them navigate transformational growth, capitalize on strategic opportunities and build strong teams. Having backed more than 115 companies and facilitated over 420 add-on acquisitions, we bring extensive investment experience, deep expertise in software and technology, and a firm commitment to collaborating with management teams. Founded in 2014, PSG has since raised over $10 billion in capital and has a team of more than 85 investment professionals.
The Senior Network & Infrastructure Engineer to be primarily responsible for the architecture, implementation, and maintenance of our network infrastructure across our offices, data center, and cloud instances. This person will also be responsible for managing or assisting with other infrastructure services include server infrastructure, collaboration, security, and identity management.
· Install, configure, and support all physical, virtual, and cloud network components.
· Design, implement, and manage core services, including SD-WAN, wireless, firewall, VPN.
· Design and implement data center infrastructure.
· Implement wired and wireless networks in new offices.
· Implement monitoring to proactively identify and respond to network-related issues.
· Work with other team members to gather requirements, understand trends, anticipate changing needs, and troubleshoot problems.
· Maintain detailed documentation and diagrams.
Ideal Experience and Competencies
· 5 years hands-on IT experience with a minimum of 3 years in networking required.
· Degree in applicable field preferred.
· Deep understanding in Layer 2, Layer 3, and Layer 4 technologies, including switching, routing, firewalls, wireless, remote-access VPN, site-to-site VPN, and SD-WAN.
· Extensive hands-on experience managing devices providing the above services, preferably those from Cisco and Palo Alto.
· Strong understanding of cloud architecture patterns and hands-on experience deploying and managing network resources in Microsoft Azure.
· Experience with Splunk or another logging platform preferred.
· Experience supporting layer 7 security devices or services highly desired.
· Experience directly managing other platforms and services such as virtualization, cloud infrastructure, certificate management, monitoring/logging, collaboration, endpoint security, and/or mobile device management preferred.
· Strong understanding of security threats, mitigations, and detection strategies.
· Relevant industry certifications and degrees preferred.
· Must work well in a highly collaborative team, have excellent problem-solving and communication skills, and be highly self-motivated.
· Minimal travel to PSG offices and data center.