- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: IT
- Industry: Big Data & Infrastructure
- Post Date: 11/22/2022
- Website: vk.ai
- Company Address: 8 East Washington Street, Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44022, US
About Vertical KnowledgeVertical Knowledge's technology enables organizations across the private and public sectors to harness PAI (Publicly Available Information, also known as public data) - the fastest-growing type of alternative data in the world.
The availability of public data is growing at exponential rates, creating unprecedented opportunities for data analytics and information arbitrage. The Vertical Knowledge (VK) platform enables our customers to access and understand information that is publicly available but very challenging to identify and capture at scale. It provides organizations in both public and private sectors with a significant strategic advantage, transforming the way they discover, collect, and deploy Publicly Available Information (PAI) to solve their most challenging problems. We are constantly adapting to a rapidly changing landscape, and our customers depend on our innovation, proprietary technology, expertise, and support to consistently deliver the value of PAI.
At VK we hire talented people and then give them the opportunity and support to make an impact. Working at VK means standing at the forefront of technology that enables organizations across the private and public sectors to harness PAI (Publicly Available Information, also known as public data) - the fastest-growing type of alternative data in the world.
As the saying goes, when everyone’s digging for oil, it’s good to be in the drill business. Data is today’s oil and VK builds the most sophisticated and powerful drilling technology in the market.
VK is based in Chagrin Falls, outside of Cleveland, OH. (home of Calvin & Hobbes and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame). We are a mission-driven organization that takes pride in knowing that our work has the potential to literally save lives.
We are seeking a DevOps Engineer. Under the direction of the Director of IT, this individual will have a variety of responsibilities across operations and infrastructure. This position is designed for individuals who have multiple years of DevOps experience and a strong background in automated deployments, containerization and monitoring. Primary duties of this role are to develop infrastructure as code, implement, and monitor systems. Experience with cloud environments, containerization, and Ansible are firm requirements.
- Design infrastructure that is secure, scalable, and resilient
- Work with software and collections engineers to define requirements and infrastructure
- Ensure compliance with configuration management tools
- Troubleshoot issues across various cloud and on-premises environments
- Implement and refine monitoring solutions to meet SLAs
- Develop and deploy first-of-a-kind solutions
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, Computer Science/Engineering, or related field
- In lieu of formal degree, minimum of five years of related experience listed in requirements below and core responsibilities above
- Experience with the following is a must:
- AWS EC2
- AWS ECS
- AWS S3
- AWS RDS
- Containers (Docker, ECS, Kuybernetes)
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret clearance (REQUIRES US CITIZENSHIP)
- This position may be fully remote in the US or hybrid in the Northeast Ohio area
COMPETITIVE BENEFITS & SALARY
- Company paid premiums for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Employer Health Savings Account (HSA) contributions
- 401(k) retirement plan with financial planning
- Unlimited vacation days
- Flexible work schedules
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages (HQ only)
- A casual work environment and dog friendly office (HQ only)
Vertical Knowledge L.L.C. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. VK is committed to the policy of an equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other personnel practices. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, past or current military service, or national origin.
Reasonable Accommodations for Applying
Applicants who qualify under the Americans with Disabilities Act, as Amended, may be eligible for a reasonable accommodation in Vertical Knowledge LLC application and selection processes. If you require an accommodation in applying through our online system, please send an email to [email protected]. Please note that this email address is not to be used for checking on the status of an application.