- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Accounting/Finance
- Industry: Cloud Business Apps
- Post Date: 08/03/2022
- Website: wwex.com
- Company Address: 2323 Victory Ave., Suite 1600, Dallas, Texas 75201, US
About Worldwide ExpressWorldwide Express is a top-rated third-party logistics company, helping more than 92,000 small to medium-sized businesses ship smarter.
Preparation of Federal, State, and Local Tax returns and reports. Ensure accuracy and timeliness of returns and reports while minimizing the company’s annual tax liability and staying abreast of technology advances. Respond to Federal and State inquiries and tax audits. Assist with preparation of current and deferred tax provision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts, prepares and coordinates the timely filing of taxes and fees with federal, state and local tax jurisdictions with outside consultants
- Retrieves, records, and retains financial information and prepare payment requests for all taxes and fees
- Works with other departments to ensure the correct application of all taxes and compliance with current tax laws
- Communicates with outside vendors, customers, taxing jurisdictions and Company personnel responding to tax questions to bring potential liability issues to the attention of Tax management
- Reconciles tax general ledger accounts and assist Accounting department in development of tax accruals, entries and adjustments
- Maintain knowledge of tax and accounting current legislation
- Coordinate tax department work with other departments to ensure deadlines are met and objectives are achieved
- Respond to IRS and state agency audits, inquiries and tax notices
- ASC740/FIN48 review and analysis of tax provisions and financial statement impact
- Responsible for the preparation and supervision of Sales/Use and Property tax compliance
- Review, manage, and develop staff when applicable
- Other tax compliance, tax projects, tax research, tax issues and responsibilities as assigned or deemed necessary
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Computer competent, preferably with knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products, particularly Excel.
- Display attention to detail with consistent accuracy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to communicate and negotiate with a variety of external and internal constituencies (i.e., upper management and auditors).
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, while handling responsibilities and/or problems with little supervision.
- Ability to effectively work on multiple questions, requests, and/or projects concurrently.
- Possesses excellent time management skills to complete all responsibilities in accordance with established deadlines; ability to identify and eliminate low return tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- CPA preferred.
- 4-6 years’ experience
- US multinational tax exposure, preferred
- Job Family General
- Pay Type Salary