- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Cloud Business Apps
- Post Date: 08/03/2022
- Website: wwex.com
- Company Address: 2323 Victory Ave., Suite 1600, Dallas, Texas 75201, US
About Worldwide ExpressWorldwide Express is a top-rated third-party logistics company, helping more than 92,000 small to medium-sized businesses ship smarter.
The cloud database administrator will use the tools and processes provided within the database software to support the enterprise databases running on Cloud-based database as a service platform. The DBA will support the application developers in day-to-day support of their development and keep the database performing efficiently for our business applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & OUTCOMES:
- Provide technical support to application development team for projects.
- Translate data models into schemas.
- Develop data streaming solutions for reporting and disaster recovery preparedness
- Provide review and support of query development, including reactive tuning
- Provide support of enterprise data and data architecture.
- Provide support for application interface to databases.
- Trouble shoot database issues and provide resolution.
- Perform database admin duties including maintenance and proactive tuning
- Support database services to schedule patches, manage capacity, and data lifecycle.
- With the support of the cloud team, build automation and scheduled jobs.
- Develop metrics and reporting of database health and efficiency, including configuration of alerts and building runbooks for the operational support team.
- Partner with vendors for infrastructure, database support, and back up management.
- Implements and enforces security for all databases
- Knowledge of database implementation in cloud and interfacing with applications in cloud.
- Provide mentorship to DBA team members and will be expected to help develop and support non-DBA team members with database related tasks.
- Experience with Production ElasticSearch or AWS OpenSearch Required
- A familiarity of PostgreSQL Database Administration/Architecture
- An awareness of AWS Aurora
- Experience of Unix/Linux operating system
- A good knowledge of partitioning, indexing, and performance tuning
- A good knowledge of logical database design
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
- Experience 5-10 years
- Able to participate in after-hours on-call support rotation.
- Job Family IT
- Pay Type Salary