- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Web/Graphic Design/Internet
- Industry: Cloud Business Apps
- Post Date: 08/03/2022
- Website: wwex.com
- Company Address: 2323 Victory Ave., Suite 1600, Dallas, Texas 75201, US
About Worldwide ExpressWorldwide Express is a top-rated third-party logistics company, helping more than 92,000 small to medium-sized businesses ship smarter.
Worldwide Express is building a next generation cloud native platform serving customers and internal users, the Senior UX Engineer will be responsible for building and testing the user interface to support our business needs. They will serve as the technical lead for software development projects and help set and maintain design principles and guidelines across our applications. This includes stand-alone applications as well as Web applications all supporting internal and customer facing business processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop user interface modules using Angular and other web front end technologies
- Create front end coding and design guidelines to be used throughout our applications.
- Mentor other developers and ensure coherent development practices.
- Work with Enterprise Architecture team to define development tool set.
- Lead organization code review process.
- Assist in the development of technical requirements for Agile development teams.
- Provide analysis and recommendations for external UI frameworks or libraries which could enhance and improve products to meet business needs.
- Work with Operations Team on Application Deployment Issues.
- Integrate with backend modules using REST, Web Services, EDI, XML, and SQL.
- Responsible for data security and web site intrusion defenses of web applications
- Develop technical processes and support the overall SDLC process including continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD)
- Understanding of the industry, specific WWEX business model, and unique characteristics of the Company.
- Building collaborative relationships across teams, leaders and vendors
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Conflict management and problem solving.
- Assessment and decision-making skills.
- Relationship building both within the organization and with external sources.
- Presentation and facilitation skills.
- Deductive and inductive reasoning.
- Critical thinking.
- Forward thinking.
- Operational Expertise.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 8 or more years’ experience in SQL and Database Design.
- 8 or more years knowledge and work experience in XML or EDI for integrating with trading partners.
- 1 – 3 years of native cloud application development experience in AWS.
- 2 years’ experience creating applications in a service-oriented architecture.
- Experience developing Secure web applications containing financial data.
- Experience developing enterprise software through several complete development life cycles.
- Hands on experience with J2EE Application servers (specifically JBoss).
- Technical Leadership over projects with 6 or more engineers.
- Experience creating technical design and architecture for a software tool
- Experience configuring CI/CD systems.
- Functional knowledge of Java IDE and SVN development tools.
- Experience with JPA and Hibernate.
- Excellent Troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent judgment and the ability to handle escalated situations.
- Motivated to learn and grow in experience and knowledge.
- Job Family IT
- Pay Type Hourly