- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: HR
- Industry: Cloud Business Apps
- Post Date: 08/03/2022
- Website: wwex.com
- Company Address: 2323 Victory Ave., Suite 1600, Dallas, Texas 75201, US
About Worldwide ExpressWorldwide Express is a top-rated third-party logistics company, helping more than 92,000 small to medium-sized businesses ship smarter.
The Training and Development Specialist will create, develop, implement, and conduct training and development programs to enhance the overall growth strategy for the employee experience and career paths.This training expert will be responsible for assessing company-wide developmental gaps and skill shortages to drive training initiatives and help identify and arrange modern training solutions for a largely remote workforce.The position requires passion and creativity for employee development and will need to diligently continue to raise the bar to help educate, enhance employee performance and productivity, as well as develop new ways of learning.This position is the critical link between the HR team and the business to ensure that adoption of key programs, initiatives, processes and critical training needs stay front and center to consistently outperform.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assesses training and development needs through surveys, interviews, focus groups, and communication with managers, employees and customer representatives.
- Organizes, plans, creates, and presents various forms of content related to: onboarding, process changes, career pathing, leadership coaching and skills training for employees and customers.
- Develops unique training programs to fulfill workers’ specific needs to maintain or improve job skills.
- Creates and/or acquires training procedure manuals, guides, and course materials.
- Build relationships with business leaders across the organization to identify needs and opportunities to create content to support strategic growth
- Presents training and development programs using various modern forms and formats
- Maintains records of training and development activities to measure success, attendance, results of tests and assessments, and retraining requirements.
- Write curriculum as needed for new initiatives, compliance areas and Manager/Employee support.
- Champion mentor and internship programs to improve our long-term growth strategy.
- Manages the day-to-day maintenance of the company’s learning management system (Litmos)
- Responsible for ensuring data integrity of course assignment and logs of course completion
- Provides oversight of the company’s annual compliance courses and regularly audits to maintain standards.
- Foster company inclusivity by driving training strategies with a DE&I lens.
- Instrumental in evaluating and implementing outside training vendors and courses to ensure alignment with company culture and vision.
- Evaluates program effectiveness through assessments, surveys, and feedback.
- Maintains knowledge of the latest developments and advancements in training and development.
- Prepares and implements training budget; maintains records and reports of expenses.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- SHRM certified professional (SHRM-CP) preferred
- Ability to adapt to quickly changing environment and work at a fast-paced
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong, engaging, influential presentation skills
- Consultative Approach
- Strong service orientation
- Business Acumen
- Strong Problem-Solving Ability
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Ethical Practice
- Project Management skills preferred
- Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods.
- Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives.
- Ability to design and implement effective training and development.
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related program software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, HR, Training and Development, or a related field required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience delivering employee training is required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work Environment:Job is typically performed in a general office environment.