- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Cloud Business Apps
- Post Date: 08/03/2022
- Website: wwex.com
- Company Address: 2323 Victory Ave., Suite 1600, Dallas, Texas 75201, US
About Worldwide ExpressWorldwide Express is a top-rated third-party logistics company, helping more than 92,000 small to medium-sized businesses ship smarter.
Worldwide Express is building a next generation cloud native platform serving customers and internal users, the Senior Java Software Engineer will be responsible for building and maintaining Java applications to support our business needs. This includes stand-alone applications as well as Web applications all supporting internal and customer facing business processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain Java applications in the development and test environments.
- Create coding and design guidelines to be used throughout our applications.
- Work with architecture team to define development toolset.
- Assist in organization code review process.
- Assist in the development of technical requirements for Agile development teams.
- Provide analysis and recommendations for external Java technologies which could enhance and improve products to meet business needs.
- Assist operations team on application deployment Issues.
- Integrate with other technologies using iPaaS, Rest API, Web Services, EDI, XML, and SQL.
- Work with DevOps teams to facilitate deployment of code artifacts to Cloud based environments
- Responsible for data security and web site intrusion defenses of Java applications
- Support the overall SDLC process including continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD)
- Understanding of the industry, specific WWEX business model, and unique characteristics of the Company
- Working in collaborative relationships across teams, leaders and vendors
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Conflict management and problem-solving
- Assessment and decision-making skills
- Relationship building both within the organization and with external sources
- Presentation and facilitation skills
- Deductive and inductive reasoning
- Critical thinking
- Forward thinking
- Operational Expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant field.
- Strong background in creating multi-threaded Java based applications
- 2+ years of experience in integration platforms like Mulesoft
- 2+ years knowledge and work experience in XML or EDI for integrating with trading partners.
- 2+ years of experience in native cloud application development experience in AWS.
- 2+ years of experience in creating applications with RESTful APIs/JSON, Microservices or service-oriented architecture.
- Experience with Spring based REST services
- Experience with JDBC, Relational Databases like MySQL, Postgres and NoSQL databases like MongoDB, etc.
- Experience with JPA and Hibernate, MyBatis, etc
- Experience with caching technologies such as Redis or Ehcache.
- Experience developing Secure web applications containing financial data.
- Experience developing enterprise software through several complete development lifecycles.
- Experience configuring and using CI/CD systems such as Jenkins.
- Functional knowledge of Java based IDEs and development tools.
- Excellent Troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent judgment and the ability to handle escalated situations.
- Motivated to learn and grow in experience and knowledge