- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Big Data & Infrastructure
- Post Date: 11/22/2022
- Website: vk.ai
- Company Address: 8 East Washington Street, Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44022, US
About Vertical KnowledgeVertical Knowledge's technology enables organizations across the private and public sectors to harness PAI (Publicly Available Information, also known as public data) - the fastest-growing type of alternative data in the world.
The availability of public data is growing at exponential rates, creating unprecedented opportunities for data analytics and information arbitrage. The Vertical Knowledge end-to-end Robotic Process Automation (RPA) platform provides our public and private sector customers with a significant competitive advantage, transforming the way they identify, collect, and leverage Publicly Available Information (PAI) to solve their most challenging problems. We enable our clients to access and understand information that is publicly available but very challenging to discover, capture, and curate. Our clients demand excellence, innovation, and trust in our proprietary technology and methodologies to deliver them world-class data solutions for actionable insight.
Since day one, our Software Engineers have helped tackle the complex and interesting challenge of discovering value hidden in the world’s data. We are pushing the technical envelope to solve these problems, and in the process, are helping to redefine how our clients leverage data. As the world of data continues to grow exponentially, the issues they address will only increase in difficulty, scale and excitement. In order to meet these challenges, we’ve built a data collection platform that allows us to ingest terabytes of data per day. Your work will draw on your expertise with pretty much everything driving the modern internet today.
Problems at our level of complexity require you to possess a passion for learning as well as deep understanding across a wide array of technical competencies. While we face large-scale challenges, we hire only the best to take them on. This enables us to keep your team size small and your individual impact significant.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Technical Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering (or similarly relevant major)
- 3 or more years of experience architecting, designing, and building high performance/high scale solutions and services
- Proficiency with Python required
- Database experience required (SQL, Elasticsearch, and/or NoSQL)
- Solid computer science foundation, with a firm understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Proficiency in reverse engineering
- Knowledge of data mining
- Soft Skills
- Experience and comfort working in an Agile development environment
- Highly results-oriented with a passion for innovating and delivering effective solutions to formidable technical challenges
- Strong commitment to technical excellence
- Unwavering integrity and ethics
- Must have the ability to obtain/maintain a U.S. DoD Top Secret Clearance (REQUIRES US CITIZENSHIP)
- Flexibility of a hybrid role in Northeast Ohio or fully remote in the US
COMPETITIVE BENEFITS & SALARY
- Company paid premiums for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Employer Health Savings Account (HSA) contributions
- 401(k) retirement plan with financial planning
- Unlimited vacation days
- Flexible work schedules
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages (HQ)
- A casual work environment and dog friendly office (HQ)
Vertical Knowledge LLC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. VK is committed to the policy of an equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other personnel practices. VK will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, past or current military service, or any other legally protected characteristic.